Help us change someone’s WORLD!
You cannot change the world, but you can change someone’s world!
Most of us are privileged to been raised or to live in countries with freedom and security and we live comfortably, so it is important to give back. Within Amadeus, solidarity is embedded in our philosophy, both as a corporation and as a worldwide community, and Helping Hands is a great reflection of that spirit. Since its launch in 2002 by Amadeus employees, Helping Hands has supported humanitarian projects in the fields of education, health, rudimentary needs and technology in France and abroad.
Making a difference
Here are some examples of projects for which YOUR donation, financial or otherwise, allow us to make a difference.
- Financing children’s leisure trips for families in remarkably bad financial difficulties, sometimes in social breakdown and isolation.
- Participating in sporting events to promote the fight against leukemia
- Financing training programs for volunteers who conduct support groups in relation to perinatal grief
- Providing the ‘basics’ for vulnerable families, homeless people with food, blankets, warm clothes collected and dispatched by charities such as the Red Cross/La Croix Rouge
- Lighting up kid’s faces at Christmas with the toys you donate going to underprivileged children and distributed by the MJC l’Escale in Garbejaire.
- Enabling education by building and renovating schools and high schools, providing school supplies so children in Africa have a chance in life
- Supplying full time care and protection for girls destined to become child prostitutes or victims of human trafficking
- Alleviating food insecurity in poor rural communities of West Africa, India, and Dominican Republic amongst others
- Improving life conditions, sustainable water management and agricultural production techniques and foster women’s empowerment.
How does it work?
Our project initiatives are financed in part by our fundraising events and with the financial support of Amadeus. 2022 was great year for us when we were able to bring back more face to face events such as the food & clothes collections, raffles, toys collections, a Christmas market and held multiple furniture sales from items donated by Amadeus! We collected 47,500€ and thanks to your contribution, we managed to help 14 projects throughout France and abroad.
A big THANKS to all volunteers and to all of you who have donated over the years!
In 2023, Helping Hands is engaged to raise money towards helping 15 projects and we aim at continuing our new hybrid mode of fundraising with virtual and more face-to-face events which we miss so much!!!
Helping Hands relies on the engagement of its volunteers. Some 50 people are involved, with hundreds of followers and supporters and we like to have fun by doing so!
Join us in making this year an even more exceptional one! Become part of the team, help us make a bigger impact in the community!
Learn more about the causes we help throughout our events. Build a personal legacy. Why not leave the world a better place than when you arrived?
If you are an Amadeus employee, join Helping Hands! We welcome new faces and are open to new ideas. If you would like to just join us as a volunteer or to submit a project for next year, we would love to hear from you! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out the Projects page to learn more about the associations we work with.
- Check our Events page to find out what’s coming up next our activities and events
- Follow us on https://www.facebook.com/HelpingHandsSophia and comment and share our events with your family and friends
- And why not, always welcomed, simply donate to support our projects.
We cannot wait to see you and hear from you!
Your Helping Hands family