Help us change someone’s WORLD!
Many of us have been privileged with a safe, good upbringing, we live comfortably and in countries with freedom and security. We undestand that many are not so lucky, so we know the importance of giving back to the community and to pay it forward.
Within Amadeus, solidarity is embedded in our philosophy, both as a corporation and as a worldwide community, and Helping Hands is a great reflection of that spirit. Since its launch in 2002 by Amadeus employees, Helping Hands supports humanitarian projects in the fields of education, health, rudimentary needs, and technology in France and abroad.
How we work
Helping Hands relies on the engagement of its volunteers. Some 50 people are involved, with hundreds of followers and supporters and we like to have fun by doing so!
Our project initiatives are financed in part by our fundraising events and with the financial support of Amadeus. Last year, we were able to bring back more face to face events such as the food & clothes collections, raffles, toys collections, a Christmas market and held multiple furniture sales from items donated by Amadeus! We collected €21,800€ and thanks to your contribution, we provided financial help to 12 projects in France and abroad. Click here to learn more about us
Making a difference
Here are some examples of projects for which YOUR donation – financial or otherwise – allow us to make a difference.
- Financing training programs for volunteers who conduct support groups in relation to perinatal grief
- Providing the ‘basics’ for vulnerable families, homeless people with food, blankets, warm clothes collected and dispatched by charities such as the Red Cross/La Croix Rouge
- Sponsor the purchase of a guide dog that can change the life of a vision impaired person
- Financing children’s leisure trips for families in remarkably bad financial difficulties, sometimes in social breakdown and isolation.
- Participating in sporting events to promote the fight against leukemia
- Lighting up kid’s faces at Christmas with the toys you donate going to underprivileged children and distributed by the MJC l’Escale in Garbejaire.
- Enabling education by building and renovating schools and high schools, providing school supplies so children in Africa have a chance in life
- Supplying full time care and protection for girls destined to become child prostitutes or victims of human trafficking
- Alleviating food insecurity in poor rural communities of West Africa, India, and Dominican Republic amongst others
- Improving life conditions, sustainable water management and agricultural production techniques and foster women’s empowerment
- Empowering single parent families to generate genuine income, providing job to the children’s mothers and providing healthy food for both the children and the community.
A big THANK YOU to all volunteers and to all of you who have donated over the years!
We believe that we cannot change the world, but we can change someone’s world! Thanks to you.