Helping Hands was founded in 2002 by a small group of Amadeus employees who first got together to raise funds for an organization needing to purchase a morphine pump for their patients. They saw the need was inminent to help the underpriviledge and from there, the association was born. It is now 21 years later and the association is represented by strongly motivated active members and hundreds of supporters.
Backed up by Amadeus, Helping Hands puts in place simple ideas to aid different solidarity associations focusing on four themes: Basic needs, Health, Education, and Technology. Our mission is to Bridge the gap and to give aid to those in need, locally and internationally. Whenever possible we use direct contact to ensure that 100% of the funds that are distributed to the projects are used for the purpose they are intended.
Helping Hands way of working
Our concept is simple, we work with selected solidarity projects that are proposed, voted on and approved by the members at the beginning of each calendar year. Then, we raise funds via events (raffles, sporting events, music nights, etc.) and organize food and clothes collections as needed.
- President: Mariana RIVERA-SANABRIA
- Vice-president: Ivanna SHLIAKHOVA
- Treasurer: Florence GLACHANT
- Secretary: Vannessa AUZANNE
- Delegate: Cecile GELLY
- Social Media: Katia MALAMAN
- Webmaster: Andres RASTRILLA
Want to learn more?
- Check out the Projects and Achievements pages to learn more about the associations we work with.
- Don’t miss any of our Events so look at what’s the upcoming charitable activities we’re planning on
- Share with friends and family and follow us on HelpingHandsSophia Facebook.
- And why not, always welcomed, simply donate to support our projects.
Help us change someone’s world <3
Your Helping Hands family